Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
handsful

has this happened to you?

handsful
16 years ago

I recently purchased twelve skids of sod to complete one of the first landscape projects of the year. My supplier informed me that they had switched to a new fertilizer on the market, but the particular name escapes me.

I didn't notice any difference in the quality/color of the sod until I awoke for work the next morning. Due to a back injury I must carry the rolls one at a time and use my abdomen/belt area to support the rolls as I set them into place. The guys on my crew have picked this bad handling habit up carry their rolls in the same fashion.

The problem is that all four of us on the crew woke up the next day with a horrible rash on our abdomens, spreading down into the groin area. It is accompanied with a slow itching burn which makes juniper rash seem rather enjoyable in comparison.

Is it possible that the new fertilizers my supplier has purchased are causing this annoying "crotchal" rash? Has anyone else on this board experienced a similar problem? Any positive feedback would be very much appreciated.

Comments (2)