Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why did I get Slime Mold on a 2 month old Mulch Bed?

Posted by pbx2 none (My Page) on
Wed, May 29, 13 at 9:54

Why did I get Slime Mold on a 2 month old Mulch Bed?

What can I do to get rid of & prevent?

Yuck:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why did I get Slime Mold on a 2 month old Mulch Bed?

Not at all uncommon when applying new mulch. No harm will come to your plants whatsoever - it's just odd looking. It will disappear when things begin to dry out . Wet, humid conditions, especially on fresh wood mulch is the ideal situation for these. As far as getting rid of it, you can just rake it in, or you can wait for the weather to dry out.

No chemicals that I'm aware of to deal with it. Even if there were, it wouldn't be worth it considering how soon it's going to be gone naturally.

o
RE: Why did I get Slime Mold on a 2 month old Mulch Bed?

• Posted by pbx2 none (My Page) on
    Wed, May 29, 13 at 21:45

Thanks for the assuring feedback gsweater!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here