Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help with my lawn!

Posted by sacks13 none (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 10:12

Hello this is my first post and I'm looking for some lawn help!

I am from New England and got a brand new lawn last fall (sod). I winterized it and so far this spring it looks thin and almost grey/tan in a ton of spots. I have a sprinkler system that I started using last week (just lately got into the 60's around Boston where I live). I fertilized with Scott's Turf Builder with crabgrass preventer last weekend.

The lawn almost seems dormant still, or worse yet, thirsty or dying. Can anyone give me any advice to ge tit kickstarted? Does it look dead or do I just need to keep watering and wait it out?

I've attached an image of a block of the lawn.

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help with my lawn!

Are those yellowish areas dead grass or moss? Also, have you dethatched this season?

o

I've raked it but when i do I feel like i pull up a bit too much "material" and the lawn seems to be left with just dirt in those spots, so i rake lightly. ShouldI go ahead and rake more rigorously?

And those areas aren't moss. The question is whether that is dead grass or just dormant grass or what. That's what i'm really asking...will that come back with water and time or should i do something else?

o

It will take time to grow all area, it requires water and some shadow. Just look for some days if it continues like these only than switch to ready made lawn turf.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here