Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Clover

Posted by rmj619 Pa (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 10:25

I live in southeast Pa with Tall Fescue grass. My lawn is dialed in with one exception. WhITE CLOVER. How do i kill and then prevent this stuff

I use Dimension and Scotts applications with no luck

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Clover

I can't find it online but in Home Depot I found a little bottle of "hard to kill weed killer" for clover & a few others. Green bottle maybe 12 oz size. It was concentrate so had to use a hose end sprayer for it. So far it looks like the clover is all dying around here!

o

Clover is a perennial that is stoloniferous and reproduces from seed. Spray it post emergently with any 3 way herbicide (MCPP, 2,4D, and dicamba) late spring and early fall.Dimension nor Halts controls clover from seed. Gallery (Isoxben) does,apply late summer/early fall. You can also apply Gallery with Dimension in spring if needed.

o

Anything with the active ingredient Triclopyr at 8%. In the big-box stores, that will be Ortho Clover, Chickweed and Oxalis Killer ("CCO"). Do not panic and think it isn't working if nothing happens for 10-12 days -- Triclopyr is a slower kill than products like Weed-B-Gon. Repeat the treatment at Day 14.

o

+1 for Andy.

o

Yep +1 for Andy that's what the product I used was called, I think I got an old labeled bottle but the clover is all nearly invisible now. I don't little bits of it here and there but it was becoming a clover patch in one area!

o

+1 Andy, CCO will take care of it without high and unnecessary costs. Pre-M for clover is a waste of money considering how easy it is to get rid of with CCO.

Not sure if you have a lot of clover or not, but if you do, your soil is telling you something. Have you got a soil test lately?

o

Just in case the OP goes agoogling. There is no relation between clover and low nitrogen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here