Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nature's Lawn Web site

Posted by claga (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 10:36

Has anyone heard of this technique and if so does it work?
information found by googling natures lawn.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nature's Lawn Web site

What technique?

o

the spray on aerification etc. basically has anyone used any of these products with success...

o

Absolutely. They work so well I have stopped all other methods. I even stopped using the method I invented because they work so well. There are two popular types of spray on "aerification" products. One is soap and the other is enzymes. The soap costs more than the enzymes. Both work.

If you want to save a bunch of money, get some generic baby shampoo and spray your lawn at a rate of 3 ounces of soap per 1,000 square feet. If you don't know how to use a hose end sprayer, let us know and we can help with that. Any clear shampoo type soap will work. Do not use soap with antibacterial stuff in it.

o

• Posted by jordanz 8A (Mojave Desert) (My Page) on
    Fri, May 25, 12 at 14:39

Does the baby shampoo method affect or kill the worms that may be in the soil? I'm thinking about trying it, but don't want to harm any worms I have working in there. Thanks.

o

I'm not sure anyone has the definitive answer to that. I don't go digging around for worms, but I do occasionally see them surfacing if we get a heavy rain. If you are concerned about that you can ditch the soap and try natural surfactants like yucca extract. I realize you live in the land of yucca but might not be able to find it locally. If so then the Nature's Lawn site might have what you are looking for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here