Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glitter_and_guns

New Sod (st augustine) w Mildew

glitter_and_guns
10 years ago

Hey y'all! I spent a lovely memorial weekend sodding. I had 2 pallets of Raleigh St. Augustine delivered on Thurs late evening and started laying on Friday. It took me the better part of the weekend to get it all down, and by the time I got to pallet #2, between the fact that it was probably damp when cut, and the humidity that we have, it was in pretty rough shape. Had I realized what was going on in the middle of the pallet I would have unstacked it, but of course the edges and tops looked fine.

I went ahead and laid the sod since it was paid for and the ground was prepared and I figure I will just hope for the best. I do have mildew in it quite a bit of it (the kind that looks like spiders webs) and last night a quick trip to the hardware store scored me Bayer Advanced Fungus Control for Lawns (propiconazole). I thought maybe y'all might be able to answer a few questions for me about all this as I really don't want to have to relay sod.

First, would you spray just the pallet that had problems or would you spray the whole thing since it is laid next to each other? Do you think there is a chance I am going to convince this stuff to live? And probably my most worrisome question, how would you water knowing that you have mildew in it? Would you change your watering plan?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions that you might have. That was a lot of hard work and I want to give this grass every chance to live!