Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help name this weed / ivy

Posted by Hound_Dog_Charley none (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 14 at 10:55

This darn ground ivy/weed type plant is starting to take over a portion of my yard. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Also, anyone know of a lawn friendly herbicide that will kill it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help name this weed / ivy

Sheep Sorrel. 2-4,d herbicide should take care of it.

o

Not too sure if its Sheep Sorrel as based on the pictures i'm looking at Sheep Sorrel has much more pronounced flares at the base of the "arrowhead." Plus i've hit these weeds with 2,4-D many times and it doesn't faze them.

Any other guesses?

o

Field bindweed aka creeping Jenny/morning glory. Field bind weed is a perennial weed that is hard to control. I would spray it once now and late summer threw fall spray a couple times but it may take a couple years to totally get rid of it. Use a 2,4D, diacamda, MCPP three way like Trimec if your growing a warm season grass make sure to get the southern product. A product with triclopyr, labeled for residential use, will work as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here