Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No idea what to do

Posted by erie360 Northeast Ohio (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 14 at 13:24

I am renovating my backyard...

I started by taking out an existing arbor that was put there by the previous owner. Under it and around it there are pebbles, around 800 square feet is nothing but pebbles. I dig and dig and can't find soil.

I am having 8 yards of topsoil delivered but I will only be able to cover about 1 1/2 inch to 2 inches with topsoil. My goal is to plant grass but I feel like that is not enough soil for the roots.

I have no clue what my course of action should be, am I doomed? LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No idea what to do

Removing the pebbles would be a good job for a landscaper with a small bobcat or skidsteer with the front end loader attachment. Scoop them into a dump truck, haul them away, and fill the hole soil. Actually you have to overfill the hole with soil, because the soil will settle and result in a hole where you put the new soil.

That same landscaper will adjust/correct your drainage so you should not have to worry about water in your basement.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here