Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using Baby Shampoo

Posted by bttriple none (My Page) on
Fri, May 9, 14 at 13:27

hi,

I been reading a lot on this forum on how to improve my lawn. so first thing is I have sent off a soil test to Logan's and I'm currently waiting on those results I'll be back with that later ;). But I had a couple question about he baby shampoo.

The "jar test" indicated that I have a sandy loam but I do have really hard soil. I'm guessing the baby shampoo is the way to go? I've seen so many people comment on how well it worked I guess its not a joke, but if it is I'm only out $4 or so.

Also I was going to spread out some alfalfa pellets this weekend (~20lbs/1000ft2) then follow that with spraying the baby shampoo then follow with the required 1" of water, hopefully mother nature will help out. Is there any reason not to apply the shampoo directly on the alfalfa? I was thinking the baby shampoo might help get the alfalfa minerals in a little faster?.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using Baby Shampoo

You want the shampoo on/in the soil. Soaking the pellets will delay if not prevent that. Also, it's through the action of microorganism that the nutrients of OM is supplied to the soil, shampoo isn't likely to aid that process. Shampoo, then spread, then water.

o

Good point, I guess they would soak up the shampoo not really letting get to the soil.

o

I didn't think about that either.

Most of the shampoo posts on this forum are from me. If you go to another forum, which I cannot name here, you will see many more people commenting positively. That's where I learned about it. You could Google "soil conditioner with kelp help plus humates."

That forum is also where you will get the best help with your Logan Labs soil test.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here