Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Top Dressing

Posted by torxx VA (SE) (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 11 at 13:51

lawn has Tif 419. I am considering doing another top dressing this year (top dressed with sand 3 years ago). I have read several posts on this topic.
Here is my game plan:

Keep it cut to 1/2"
Mid June I will aerate, remove plugs, fertilize, top dress/level with riversand, roll, water, pray for good results.

Any useful links or final words of advise would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Top Dressing

I can't say that I've ever read anything about top dressing. I always just did it and I did it in early spring before the grass really gets growing. For one thing, it's much easier to spread the sand when the grass is thin. Another thing is that the lawn doesn't look good early in the spring anyway. I wouldn't want to do this when the lawn is in prime condition.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here