Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another newb question, weed control new sod

Posted by Vandy58 Austin, TX (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 13:52

Okay so I have some weeds coming up pretty quick both through my new sod (three weeks at this point) espicially in the cracks of the sod, it is only really bad near my back neighbor. So my questions are as follows:
When can I start killing these weeds, I tried pulling but some I cannot get by the root? What kind of weed killer can I use? I will be mowing sometime this week for the first time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another newb question, weed control new sod

Oh and when can I fertalize this sod? I used to be a chemical guy but with my dogs I want to go organic on weed control and fertalize any help would be great on that

o

Anybody have a suggestion or thought on this?

o

Answer depends on what kind of grass you have and what kind of weeds you have. The grass you should be able to answer but you might want to take pictures of the weeds. If you can take them when it is shady that is much better.

The organic weed control is vinegar. Unfortunately it is non selective and will kill the grass, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here