Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has Anyone Tried Turf Trust?

Posted by gto66 z5 IL (My Page) on
Tue, May 21, 13 at 14:25

I have used Scotts products and have not been happy with the way that my lawn looks. It does not stand up to summer heat and browns out before the end of June. I have heard about Turf Trust that is supposed to be the Rolls Royce of lawn fertilizer. It is supposed to keep the grass roots healthy enough to remain green throughout the summer with minimal watering. Has any one here tried it, and does it really work well? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has Anyone Tried Turf Trust?

Yes, it really works. As Turf Trust provides a balanced nitrogen supply for lawns. The combination of water-soluble (WS) and water-insoluble nitrogen (WIN) promotes growth of grass. It also feeds your lawn slowly and gently, protecting the environment by reducing nutrient run-off and most importantly it lasts for 12-14 weeks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Village Green Turf

o

Why is it different than any other slow release fertilizer?

o

Just marketing. In summer, you really don't want to force growth on cool season grasses as this will use up the plants stored resources faster and increase water demand. You shouldn't fertilize in summer regardless of what you are using despite what big companies like Scotts says on their bags and in their commercials. Many people forego the spring feeding or use organics but if you want to fertilize, Memorial day is the latest I would put synthetic nitrogen down. Lesco/JDL carries many fertilizers that are a combination of WS and WIN nitrogen that would accomplish the same thing as Turf Trust.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here