Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purplehousewy

Low work/water lawn seed. Anyone have suggestions?

purplehouseWY
10 years ago

I live in Zone 4 Sheridan, WY 82801 Elevation 3,743. I have been researching High Country GardenâÂÂs Low Work and Water lawn seed, Pearl's Premium, Prairie Nursery No Mow Lawn seed, Garden's Alive Always Greener and Wildflower Farm's Eco-Lawn lawn seed and wondered if anyone has used any of them?

We plan on following an organic lawn maintenance plan and thought this would be a better lawn seed than fighting with the water bill raising bluegrass that is in constant competition in the summer with the ash tree and shade from neighboring maturing trees. (Many bald spots under the trees...) Plus the neighbors pine tree I believe over the years has lowered the ph in the soil in half the yard. While the other half is neutral. We have tried to top dress the lower ph area with compost although in hindsight we probably needed another amendment. We also water properly and deeply. Lastly we adopted a female Boxer in the last year so we are trying keep that in consideration.
I was reading an article on SafeLawns.org about doing an actual comparison of HCG's lawn seed vs. Wildflower Farm's Mix...I don't see any updates yet though..

Comment (1)