Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Milgronite on lawn seeded 2010

Posted by valtorrez (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 11 at 15:04

I overseeded/seeded my lawn last fall with KBJ/TTFescus. This year I put down Milgronite on Mother's Day. It has been raining like crazy here. Do you think that is enough fertilizer for new grass? I was thinking about putting some more down in a week or is this overdoing it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Milgronite on lawn seeded 2010

How much Milorganite did you apply on Mothers Day, and how much area did you apply it on?

o

You cannot over apply Milorganite. One of the gurus on another forum has an Elite KBG lawn. He has used more than 1,000 pounds of organic fertilizer per 1,000 square feet over the course of a season. Much of what he uses is Milorganite. In order to apply that much you have to do it nearly every week. He has the lawn of the month, every month of the year, as far as I'm concerned.

If you are worried that the rain has washed it away, I would not worry. The Milorganite is not a traditional fertilizer that needs to be watered in. It is food for the soil microbes which will eat it all eventually. As long as it did not float away, you're good to go until Labor Day if you want to wait.

o

Thank you all. I applied the amount suggested on lable. I have a Scott spreader so I looked at their settings and adjusted accordingly. I've read on this forum that new grass needs to be fed constantly- that is why I was wondering if I should do it again. I think I am going to put some more down in 2 weeks just to be on safe side.

o

Waiting 2 more weeks is a good idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here