Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of grass is this?

Posted by BarnAnimals 7 (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 15:17

Tall Fescue has been overtaken. Whatever this new grass is, in some places it is brighter green, in some places it is yellow. There are several shades of it throughout. Some areas it is widespread 10ft x 10ft irregular patches, and some places its just a 3 inch clump. It grows faster than the fescue. It has stalks like a coffee straw. I had two small patches of crabgrass and this looks completely different so that is why I find myself asking here. The lawn is a swirl of fescue and this stuff as you can see in the full picture.

I have not fertilized this year. I have not used weed control, except for spot spraying obvious weeds. I only get a few weeds here and there. I used Dimension 0-0-7 .21% around March 1st and April 15th.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of grass is this?

Hey do we have the same problem? I just posted also. Here is a reference just in case someone answers it there:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lawns/msg0519451414674.html. Good luck..

o

See Mok57's post. It's likely you have the same thing.

o

I do not know. Yours looks much more fine than mine and it looks like the pictures of POA posted here. Mine is thicker and more course, and it grows/looks like orchard grass, but the coloring is odd. Hopefully some experts will chime in.

o

Yellow nutsedge?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here