Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lion weeds out of control

Posted by taxtax none (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 15:45

Last year I really tried to dig out as much of the lions as possible. It seemed a task that just never ended.

This year things are just out of control. If I did not see it I wouldn't believe it. I will cut the grass, and within 24-HOURS the lions have already grown 12 inches! Not just that, but the seeds have turned from yellow to white over-night ontop of this.

How is this even possible? I never saw such a thing growing up in the country. At this point, it is hopeless trying to de-weed since you can't even stop them from sprouting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lion weeds out of control

Ill add one thing. When you dig, you turn the soil, you cover weed seeds and get more weeds to grow. When ever I dig and finish, I spray the dug area with peremergent.

o

What is lion weed? Do you mean dandelions?

The solution for dandelions is proper lawn maintenance.
What kind of grass do you have?
Where do you live? Need a town preferably.
How are you watering (how long and how often)?
How high/low do you mow?
How often do you fertilize and with what?

o

@dchall: That was my question. I've never heard of lion weed. I just assumed it was dandelion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here