Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White/Brown Patches - Looks like disease?

Posted by mark8967 6 (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 15:48

Hi;
I live in northern ct. Late last summer I began noticing whiteish brown patches in my lawn. These began to spread. I was diligent about fertilizing - used Scotts (1,2, 3, 4). This spring I noticed the patches were still spreading, even after fertilization (scotts step 1). I will be sending out a soil sample for analysis but would welcome any other suggestions for how to resolve. The lawn is also getting thinner in those areas - grass appears to eventually die there.

Thanks for the help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White/Brown Patches - Looks like disease?

Do you have pets or a deer problem? It looks something like pee damage. It could be a fungus, are these patches have a red tinge, or brown tinge? or possibly white tinge? Are they in spirals or circles? Can't tell from your photo.

What happens when you rake out the dead grass, does it come back indicating top growth problem but crown of the grass plant is ok?

o
RE: White/Brown Patches - Looks like disease?

Good questions from boogey. Can you take another picture close up showing some blades of brown, green, and anything that looks like it might be halfway brown and green?

Looks like you have a mix of grasses. Do you know what the predominate grasses or mix is? I'm guessing fescue but is there any Kentucky bluegrass?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here