Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
clover lawns

Posted by shadygarden_co z5 Denver (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 14 at 16:38

Has anyone tried an alternative lawn using Dutch clover or microclover?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: clover lawns

It is rare to find adventuresome people on this forum. Mostly they want to know how to get rid of clover in the lawn; however, I have recommended it to people who seem to be open to the idea. When clover is sowed for full coverage, it looks much more attractive than when it enters the yard in patches. Clover is also very good for the soil. If you mow at the mower's highest setting you will need very little water and no fertilizer at all.

o

• Posted by junco Augusta, GA z8 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 8, 14 at 14:06

I'm interested!
I have a mixed zoysia and St. Augustine lawn in Augusta, GA.
Would it work to overseed with mini or micro clover? Will they survive our summer?

o

We have a mix of clover and grass. We like it. The only issue with clover is that it crawls sideways, so it takes maintenance to keep it out of flower beds. The edging (buried plastic with bricks on the inside edge) does a fine job of keeping out grass, but the clover goes right over the top of the edging. IME clover looks better than grass when the moisture level is borderline.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here