Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnnyd123_gw

Need some help with my lawn!

johnnyd123
10 years ago

Hello, I am new to lawn care and would appreciate some helpful advice. Please see below to learn about my situation.

Background Information:

1. Where you live? VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA

2. What type of grass you have? I AM NOT SURE.

3. What products you have applied to your lawn, and how much? These include fertilizer, herbicide, fungicide, insecticide, etc. SCOTTS TURF BUILDER, EZ SEED. APPLIED WITH SPREADER AS PER SCOTT'S INSTRUCTIONS.

4. How often and how long you irrigate? EVERY EVENING FOR PAST 3 WEEKS SINCE APPLYING EZ SEED. I USED A SPRINKLER AND CHANGE ITS POSITION EVERY 30 MINUTES.

5. Is the lawn established, or have you recently seeded/re-seeded or added sod? If so, when?
HOUSE/LAWN IS ONLY 1 YEAR OLD. 2 WEEKS AGO I MOWED THE LAWN TO 2 INCHES, THEN DETHATCHED THEN ADDED A LAYER OF FRESH SOIL THEN APPLIED SCOTTS TURF BUILDER WITH SPREADER.

6. At what height you mow and how often?
HAVE ONLY MOWED ONCE THIS YEAR AS PER ABOVE.

7. Results of soil test if applicable. HAVE NOT PERFORMED

Specifically describe the problem being as descriptive as possible: THE LAWN IS NOT FILLING IN PROPERLY. THERE IS A LOT OF BROWN AREAS. VERY SPARSE. UNEVEN GROWTH. PLEASE SEE PICTURE.

8. Entire lawn is affected or a specific area(s)?
ENTIRE LAWN BUT LAWN IS DOING BETTER UP AGAINST FENCE WHERE THERE IS MORE SHADE.

9. If it is a specific area, what is different about this area? This can include: Shade, standing water, insects/pests, weeds, moss, rocks, heavy traffic, etc. Also, if the problem area is ring-shaped or spreading in any way. N/A

1. If your problem is with weeds, what type of weeds? NO WEEDS

2. How long you have noticed this problem and it is recurring? JUST MOVED IN.
    Solution:

3. Do you have a preference towards a synthetic or organic solution? NO PREFERENCE

4. Past efforts to remedy the problem. DETHATCH, APPLY SCOTT'S PRODUCT, WATER REGULARLY TO KEEP SOIL MOIST

5. Are any solutions not feasible? (hand pulling weeds for 2+ acres, daily watering, etc.) ANY SOLUTION FEASIBLE

Any feedback would be great! Thanks!!