Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What disease do I have?

Posted by RamonOsuna Colorado (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 16:48

Hi

I live in Boulder, Colorado, and have Kentucky bluegrass, this is my first season in this house. Due to the early spring we had, I started watering in early April, and got help from a few rainy days. I also used Scotts spring fertilizer with weed control 3 weeks or so ago.

For the last few weeks I have seen some yellow spots, and thought it could be that the grass was still dormant and needed more water, buy I now realize that is not the problem.

I took this picture from my bedroom window right after mowing it. Any suggestions on what the problem might be? I appreciate your comments.

Regards,

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of my lawn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What disease do I have?

There are a few possibilities, but it's hard to know without closeups and descriptions of how the disease progressed, if it is in fact disease. Being in Colorado I am assuming it hasn't been hot and humid lately. What has the weather been like? Have you had a lot of rain before you noticed these areas?

o

i'm with tiemco, really hard to tell without closeups of the grass blades. it may not be disease, could be something else.

o

How have you been watering since April? How often and for how long?

o

Hi

Thanks for your comments. The watering schedule we have is 20 minutes per zone, twice a week, starting at 5am. It hasn't been hot or humid, a few days in the upper 80s but not really hot with cool nights.

Other than those problem spots, grass is doing wonderfully. I only noticed those areas when the rest of the grass turned nice and green, and those areas remained brown. I have included six close-up pictures.

There are some wild rabbits in the area, do they cause urine damage like pets?

Regards,

RamonOsuna

Here is a link that might be useful: 6 more pictures

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here