Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weed id help

Posted by wilsocn (My Page) on
Sat, May 28, 11 at 17:35

This stuff covers about 1/4 to 1/3 of my entire back yard and it is starting to grow in large patches in the front as well. It sort of resembles clover but is much light in color, smaller leaves and also multiple leaves/petals on each stem. The root system seems very shallow and pulls up easily but basically I have no clue what it is. :)

Anyway, here are some pics for the experts out there to identify. Thanks a lot!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weed id help

I was going to guess some sort of sida because of the root structure. 2,4-d containing herbicide will cure this right up. You can buy concentrated 2,4-d at tractor supply.

o

That's a clover-like weed. It looks to me as if there's a small stem on the middle leaf of each group of three leaves. If that's the case, that is a characteristic of black medic. So is the shallow root system. It spreads quickly and will often choke out the grass as it spreads.

Kill it quickly before it goes to flower and then to seed because it produces a lot of seeds.

o

Use Weed B Gon Max and follow label directions. You may need 2 applications.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here