Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this KBG?

Posted by GRSparty West Michigan (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 19:22

I bought my first house last fall and have been learning how to take care of my yard. I have a ton of weeds that I am trying to fight right now with Weed B Gone and I will be overseeding this fall to help reestablish by grass as it has been taken over by weeds. I've been reading on here that I should probably buy a mix of KBG/perennial Rye/fine Fescue.

I've attached a pic of my grass, can someone please let me know if this is indeed KBG and would that be a good mix to seed this fall? I'm in west Michigan

Thanks!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this KBG?

From that picture the only thing that is certain is you have clover, but I would say no, that's not KBG from that picture. Some closeups of individual blades would sure help.

o

Looks like fine fescue to my eyes.

finefescuegrass

o

I've been reading here for 10 years and can't remember anyone recommending a mix that included rye. If you lived in the Pacific Northwest, then maybe rye alone, but for the most part, rye raises issues in a mix that can be avoided by not including it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here