Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Large Dead Patch in my lawn

Posted by stevej72 RI (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 20:22

Does any one have advise for this large dead patch in my backyard lawn. I live in RI. The lawn looked great last June and July. It started to get dry in august.

I was hoping it would come back this season but looks pretty bad. I over seeded and fertilized about 3 weeks ago. The weather has not been great in New England yet.

It looked great last summer so not sure what happened

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Large Dead Patch in my lawn

Were you still watering it when it got dry? How often and for how long?

o

Before picture...

o

I was still watering. August got very hot as I recall. I think I watered for about 25 minutes , 3 times a week. I set the sprinkler system for early morning(5am) to prevent loss from the heat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here