Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shrubs dying around our home after a long winter

Posted by dinosaur1 5 (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 14 at 20:59

http://www.imgur.com/gallery/9P1zBi9

I just added some fresh brown, sifted topsoil around our entire home. The grading is all set. Now it's time to tackle these shrubs that are dying.

Any ideas of what I can add to make the area around our home look more appealing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shrubs dying around our home after a long winter

I will guess that the dryer vent is connected and used. During the winter the plant went into dormancy. Every time you used the dryer, it would shock the plant thinking it was becoming warmer and also drying out the plant. I would replace the plant with a larger one and in the winter try to deflect the dryer vent away from the plants.

o

@botanicalbill actually that is an unused vent. The dryer is on the other side of the home now.

o

I need assistance in what exact shrubs to plant.

This post was edited by dinosaur1 on Mon, May 19, 14 at 23:54

o

You should find others in your locale to get exact plant names. Doesn't GardenWeb have a forum for your state?

Does someone in the neighborhood have shrubs that you love and that sailed through winter with little to no damage? If you take a picture, you can post on the 'Name That Plant' forum to get an ID.

I doubt you'll find much shrub help on a lawn forum :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Name that plant

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here