Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bermuda Bible Question, for my new celebration

Posted by bayloraugustiner DFW, Texas (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 22:04

As I said in another post, I had celebration bermuda installed about 4 weeks ago and it is as green as grass can get (I'm now beginning to shorten it down some with frequent mowing). After it was installed, I applied 10-20-10 starter fertilizer. The bermuda bible recommends a 3-1-2 or 4-1-2 be applied in the March-May period. Does recommendation apply for newly installed turf which has recently had the 10-20-10 applied? Also, do I want to begin following the June-August bermuda bible practices with the new turf?

Texas-weed, thanks for your response to my other post and for assembling such great and helpful information online in the bermuda bible. It is truly helpful.

-Thomas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bermuda Bible Question, for my new celebration

The bermuda bible recommends a 3-1-2 or 4-1-2 be applied in the March-May period.

No it does not say that, at least that is not the intention I was aiming for. The balanced application is to be made for the very first spring application in lieu of a soil test result, and it is one application only per year, All subsequent applications are straight nitrogen.

To answer your question from this point on it is straight nitrogen for the rest of the year. Then this Fall I suggest a soil test to see what if anything needs to be done next season.

With your application of 10-20-10 this year it is not likely you will need any potassium or phosphorous next season.

o

Thanks again. So, if I'm unable to do a soil test for a while (though I may this summer) should I hold off on nitrogen?

o

Can some one give me the best way to get rid of weeds in my Celebration Bermuda? I would also like a care schedule so I will know when and how to care for it. Thanks.

o

3up, did you red the last sentence of the first post above?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here