Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which herbacide before hydroseeding?

Posted by GarrettP1 none (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 22:09

I am going to have a 3,000 sq. foot area of yard hydroseeded in 1 month.

This was a vacant lot in a suburban (north Florida) neighborhood before we built. So, lots of weeds, crabgrass, and other assorted growths.

What herbacide do you recommend I use to prep this sandy soil before the hydroseed pro's come and work their magic?

Thanks!
G.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which herbacide before hydroseeding?

Round-up. I would probably do it twice. Once about 2 weeks before seeding, and then a day or two before seeding. I would also do a little research on Tenacity. I know most warm season grasses are sensitive to it, but that's on established turf, it might be fine for preemergence before seeding, hopefully someone will know for sure.

o

Are you sure the crabgrass is not St Augustine? If so then the yard is recoverable.

o

Positive about yard not being recoverable.
The lot was vacant as the original home burned down in 1980.

The city made the owners clear the lot in 1990.
No maintenance or care since then.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here