Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I buy Tupersan online?

Posted by eddie_il (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 08 at 22:37

I couldn't find Tupersan anywhere locally. I just planted my lawn and was hoping to control weeds. Any ideas on where to buy it online? I did a search but not much came up. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I buy Tupersan online?

Link

Here is a link that might be useful: Tupersan

o

I get mine here:

http://catalog.ehgriffith.com/

o

I should have specified that I need Tupersan WP, not the fertilzer that has Turpersan mixed in since I already fertilzed my yard. Thanks everyone.

o

crosmanseed.com

Even with a backpack sprayer, I'd rather use a rotary spreader than spray.

o

+1 for what m1shmosh said. It's laborious at best, even with seedbeds as small as 2000 sq. ft... I still have some damn bermuda that's made it through. :grumbles:

o

Is the stuff you use in a speader as good as the stuff you spray? Here are some sights that have the stuff you use in a spreader, I'm not its all the same though:
http://catalog.ehgriffith.com/info.php/products_id/2532
http://www2.yardiac.com/long.asp?tgs=8192183:5618867&cart_id=5628019:964881676435&item_id=9714 by Greenvieww
http://www.crosmanseed.com/lawn_care.htm called: Lebanon TUPERSAN 4.6%

I couldn't find the the Tupersan that you can spray which I think is Tupersan WP.

Thanks for your help.

o

eddie_il,

You can get the granular without fertilizer at the place I linked below. It's as good as the WP and, for me, more convenient to apply than the WP.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tupersan

o
RE: Shop around!!

The crosmanseed is much cheaper at 37.75 for a 20lb bag.

Same stuff.

o
RE: Shop around!!

The crosmanseed is much cheaper at 37.75 for a 20lb bag.

Same stuff.

o

• Posted by jimtnc 7b-8 NC TTTF (My Page) on
    Wed, May 21, 08 at 7:28

I've used the granular and it's pretty good, although not very long lasting...around 5-6 weeks but should do what you want it for, and about $38 for 20lb. Not cheap. Oddly enough, I found it around here at Ace Hardware. Have you tried them?

o

I went ahead and ordered it for crosmanseed yesterday. Thanks firstandgoal!

I did check around at the local nurseries and hardware stores and they didn't carry it. I did find out that there is "Scotts Lawn Pro Step 1 for Seeding Starter Fertilizer Plus Crabgrass Preventer" at a nursery however I already fertilized my yard so I didn't want to overfertilize. Thanks for the info.

o

Last year I got Tupersan from the garden center by my house, but this year they didn't carry it. So I purchased Tupersan from www.turftrust.com .

Here is a link that might be useful: Purchase Tupersan

o

I got some Tupercan 50WP from KeystonePestSolutions.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Tupersan 50WP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here