Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eddie_il

Where can I buy Tupersan online?

eddie_il
15 years ago

I couldn't find Tupersan anywhere locally. I just planted my lawn and was hoping to control weeds. Any ideas on where to buy it online? I did a search but not much came up. Thanks!

Comments (13)

• garycinchicago
    15 years ago

Link

Here is a link that might be useful: Tupersan

• jongoldman
    15 years ago
  • eddie_il
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I should have specified that I need Tupersan WP, not the fertilzer that has Turpersan mixed in since I already fertilzed my yard. Thanks everyone.

• m1shmosh
    15 years ago

crosmanseed.com

Even with a backpack sprayer, I'd rather use a rotary spreader than spray.

• arjo_reich
    15 years ago

+1 for what m1shmosh said. It's laborious at best, even with seedbeds as small as 2000 sq. ft... I still have some damn bermuda that's made it through. :grumbles:

• eddie_il
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Is the stuff you use in a speader as good as the stuff you spray? Here are some sights that have the stuff you use in a spreader, I'm not its all the same though:
    http://catalog.ehgriffith.com/info.php/products_id/2532
    http://www2.yardiac.com/long.asp?tgs=8192183:5618867&cart_id=5628019:964881676435&item_id=9714 by Greenvieww
    http://www.crosmanseed.com/lawn_care.htm called: Lebanon TUPERSAN 4.6%

I couldn't find the the Tupersan that you can spray which I think is Tupersan WP.

Thanks for your help.

• firstandgoal
    15 years ago

eddie_il,

You can get the granular without fertilizer at the place I linked below. It's as good as the WP and, for me, more convenient to apply than the WP.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tupersan

• firstandgoal
    15 years ago

The crosmanseed is much cheaper at 37.75 for a 20lb bag.

Same stuff.

• firstandgoal
    15 years ago

The crosmanseed is much cheaper at 37.75 for a 20lb bag.

Same stuff.

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

I've used the granular and it's pretty good, although not very long lasting...around 5-6 weeks but should do what you want it for, and about $38 for 20lb. Not cheap. Oddly enough, I found it around here at Ace Hardware. Have you tried them?

• eddie_il
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I went ahead and ordered it for crosmanseed yesterday. Thanks firstandgoal!

I did check around at the local nurseries and hardware stores and they didn't carry it. I did find out that there is "Scotts Lawn Pro Step 1 for Seeding Starter® Fertilizer Plus Crabgrass Preventer" at a nursery however I already fertilized my yard so I didn't want to overfertilize. Thanks for the info.

• whashimi_masonlive_gmu_edu
    13 years ago

Last year I got Tupersan from the garden center by my house, but this year they didn't carry it. So I purchased Tupersan from www.turftrust.com .

Here is a link that might be useful: Purchase Tupersan

• jbushnell
    11 years ago

I got some Tupercan 50WP from KeystonePestSolutions.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Tupersan 50WP