Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is this taking over my lawn

Posted by lawnsarenotus michigan (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 14 at 22:40

This is just my lawn (not any of my neighbors). It is heavy and all over. Please help identify and provide suggestions to get my lawn back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is this taking over my lawn

Close up

o

Close up

o

• Posted by JLem 6b (My Page) on
    Mon, May 19, 14 at 22:46

Looks like maple seedlings. Any chance you have maples in the yard? My front yard looks like this from my Norway maple (it's terribly invasive, but was planted decades ago, long before we bought the house). This year is worse than ever - probably because I didn't bother raking in the fall - just used my mower to mulch everything.

This post was edited by JLem on Mon, May 19, 14 at 22:48

o

I agree with JLem. I've got a green elm tree in my front lawn that drops those helicopter looking seeds similar to a maple and they are especially bad this year. Just continue mowing and eventually they will die out, probalby within the next month.

o

Hmmm... Aren't those the same leaves the Audrey II had in Little Shop? Just sayin man... be careful.

Haven't had any meteor storms out there have you ;-) ???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here