Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
neighbor sprayed his entire lawn with round-up!!

Posted by cadence 8b (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 23:01

My neighbor sprayed his entire lawn with Round-Up to get rid of his moss or weeds or something. Anyway, he sprayed his entire lawn and killed it. Will it come back green again or does this stuff kill roots and all?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: neighbor sprayed his entire lawn with round-up!!

It's probably all dead now. Kind of an odd time to be doing it, but maybe he's renovating it. I'm fixing to do the same to mine toward the end of summer. Gonna kill it all, fertilize and water it to get any lingering seeds to germinate, then kill all them and seed some new KBG this fall.

o

It's a "roots and all" non-selective herbicide. It also doesn't last long in the soil. That makes it very useful when you want to clear out everything and start over.

But if you don't understand that it will kill EVERYTHING you can have some gardening disasters.

o

Thanks, yep it looks dead to me except it didn't kill his weeds. I'm so glad he didn't spray any near my roses.

o

Now is the time to renovate for bermuda. Maybe he's doing that.

o

I did it before but it took multiple tries to finally kill off bermuda grass before planting st augustine grass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here