Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sod is brown! Need some help please!!

Posted by Jess622 none (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 4, 14 at 8:59

I am new to this forum so I apologize for using wrong terms or posting incorrectly. We laid the sod four weeks ago after we prepared the area. The sod was rooted, green and thick it was absolutely beautiful! A few days ago my husband mowed the lawn. After we mowed we picked up most of the clippings and there was still a few high spots so the following day we borrowed a neighbors mower with a bag and my husband mowed the lawn again. The following day the lawn is brown everywhere! The thickness is gone and its a dull green or brown! The grass also looks like straw in spots! There are no grubs so I'm going to guess he over mowed the sod. Please help! We can not afford to spend another 400 to resod. I've continued to water it the past 2 days twice a day and nothing it's getting worse.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sod is brown! Need some help please!!

Since you haven't had any response, I will try to help. If the sod is 4 weeks old, is it possible that watering twice a day is too much? Is that area saturated? I see lawn chairs, have you been sitting in that area? Could it be damage due to traffic? What was the quality of the soil in that area? Any different from the rest of the lawn?

I dont think it's possible to harm the lawn by mowing too often. In fact the grass looks a little long.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here