Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weed and Feed on Bahia grass

Posted by svdbybld 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 07 at 10:00

Any suggestions on using weed and feed on argentine Bahia. And yes I want to keep the Bahia. Brand? Does it really work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weed and Feed on Bahia grass

A lot of herbicides kill bahia so you'd be better off sticking with fertilizer. Unfortunately for you a lot of fertilizer also kills bahia because it can be easily burned. If you can find fertilizer designed specifically for centipedegrass, you might try that. 15-x-x comes to mind Don't wast time with weed and feed. I would aslo warn against fertilizing bahia. It will take over and grow too aggressively for any human to keep up with by mid july. There may be other conditions that are creating a challenge for you such as shade or competition for moisture and nutrients.

o
RE: Weed and Feed on Bahia grass

Thanks for the info. I have been using a 16-4-8 (Ferti-lome) Fertilizer and Milorganite. 16-4-8 seems to be reccomended for Florida Lawns. But Iave seen some weed and feed for bahia and was curiou. My lawn looks great right now, but I do cut it every 3-5 days. It has gotten really thick and dense and choked out most of the weeds. But there is still some. I know most people do not like Bahia lawns but it works for me. I have no sprinkler system so St. Augustine is out of the question.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here