Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIY - Laying sod - time estimate

Posted by johnb352 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 23, 10 at 10:29

I am going to sod my front yard in couple weeks (Zoysia). The area I'm sodding is roughly 2800 sq. ft., about 7 pallets.

I need to be able to get this done over a weekend. I'd get the sod delivered early Saturday morning.

I have never thrown sod before. Have absolutely no idea how long this will take.

Can someone give me a ballpark estimate how long it takes to put down a pallet of sod?
Could 2 people put down 7 pallets of sod over a Saturday and Sunday?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIY - Laying sod - time estimate

Dude, this time of year you need to get that sod down in 4 hours. Sits too long in the heat/sun and you'll have waisted your time and money. Get more people, especially if you've never done it before. Craigslist might be a good way to find someone who's done it before to help you.

Or split the job into 2 deliveries.

o

As long as your soil prep is all finished you should have no problem laying it in a weekend. Just make sure you stagger the edges of the sod, like a brick wall.

o

I laid that much sod, South Fl, saved 500 dollars but I would never, ever do that again. Top it off, I rented a sod cutter to tear out the old yard, raked it up, bagged it, etc...about killed myself. (51 years old), but live and learn. Two guys, take all day..go slow...drink alot of water....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here