Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsice

Any advice appreciated

Elise Navarro
10 years ago

I am reaching out for some advice on my lawn. My new lawn is struggling and I have weeds everywhere. The grass that has grown is not very high yet but I have pretty tall weeds it seems everywhere. Last week I found 5 ticks between myself and my dog. Since we only walk her in our yard that must be where they are coming from. I contacted a lawn company to come and fertilize the existing growing grass and take care of the weeds but they said they won't do anything until my lawn is more established. My husband is going to trim the grass this week with a lawn mower in turn also cutting down the weeds but obviously not killing them. My question is what should I be doing right now to help with the weeds and grass to grow better in an effort to establish a better yard and eventually a yard that offers no desire to ticks. We have been told different stories about whether or not to seed more now vs waiting until the winter. I have no problem committing to a watering schedule but I also don't want wasted efforts if we should wait. Our home is South of Pittsburgh, PA. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)