Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing Weed B Gon and CCO

Posted by jrodriguez90 VA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 12:07

Hey all,

I have both Weed B Gon and Chickweed/Clover/Oxalis in concentrate form. To save time I wanted to put them into my sprayer together. First, can these products be mixed? Second, at what ratio? For example if I fill my sprayer with 2 Gals do I use 2 oz of each product, or 1 oz each?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing Weed B Gon and CCO

The two products should not be mixed. The dilution rate for Chickweed Clover and Oxalis killer should be mixed at 1 oz of product per gallon of water. The dilution rate for Ortho Weed b Gon MAX is 2 oz of product per gallon of water (for northern grass types) or 1 oz of product per gallon of water (for soouthern grass types)

o

The products not only CAN be mixed, but Ortho used to provide mixing instructions. But too many people didn't follow the mixing instructions, and harmed their lawns.

The mixing is a little complex, as WBG Max contains 1.5% Triclopyr already, and you're trying to mix in 8% Triclopyr to get to a proper dilution. It's easy if you're good at the math, and you shouldn't attempt it if you're not good at the math.

o

On the left side, there are the old instructions for mixing the 2...

Here is a link that might be useful: COMBINE WITH WEED-B-GON WEED KILLER FOR LAWNS CONCENTRATE

o

Those instructions are for mixing CCO with regular WBG, not WBG Max. You will be overdosing if you use those instructions for WBG Max. Triclopyr burns grass for quite a while if overdosed.

o

How soon can one be used after the other? I used Weed b Gone on Monday.

o

Oops, didn't think of that andy. Good thing it didn't damage my fescue when I did it a month or more ago. I've seen no overdosing effects, other than dead weeds.

o

Just to clarify: the OP was asking about WBG (not WBG Max) and CCO. These can be mixed according to the label on the CCO concentrate, which is linked above.

WBG Max was brought up in the second and subsequent posts with the warning that it already contains some of the active ingredient found in CCO.

o

Hmmmm - interesting. Ortho hasn't made plain old WBG for two years, and any bottles older than that HAVE the instructions for how to mix it with CCO. So why is he asking? The only product left under the original WBG brand is WBG Spot Weed Killer for St Aug Lawns...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here