Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new to higher notch grass care

Posted by thehammer1985 5a (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 13:45

Hey everybody I've been keeping my lawn up in a basic manner for 3 years. Now I want the best grass in the neighborhood. I know it's end of June but is it too late to thatch and aerate. What about seeding if I'm super vigilant about watering. Also I have uneven mounds in my yard maybe 3 inches high how do I get rid of these . Thanks in advance for the replies

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new to higher notch grass care

Hmmm, it depends.

Where do you live?
What kind of grass do you have?
Are you willing to water once per week in the summer?

Can you post a picture of the lawn and maybe one showing the mounds. Preferably take the picture on a cloudy day or in the shade, but not at night.

In the mean time, you can start applying organic fertilizer like alfalfa pellets (rabbit chow) (20 pounds per 1,000 square feet) or Milorganite. If you want the best, plan to apply once a month. If you just do that twice, you'll probably have neighbors sitting up and taking notice at the improvement.

The organic fertilizer advice applies no matter what grass type you have. Need answers to the questions if you want more detail.

Here's a picture to motivate you.

Those are side by side Kentucky bluegrass lawns...with a few differences.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here