Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mow, Blow and Edge

Posted by ditnc 7 NC (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 4, 10 at 15:05

Humor me.

If you employed a yard service to mow, blow and edge your yard, fertilize, apply herbicide,clear leaves and debris, and trim shrubs....would you expect the following by default...?

- blow dead leaves and debris off the front walkway, porch and deck

If he's not blowing debris off the hard surfaces, what the he** and I paying for the "blowing" of?

Isn't this a standard expectation???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mow, Blow and Edge

That is true. If it were me using the blower in my own yard I would indeed blow those areas before I considered the job done. In some cases professional services may not venture far away from blowing only the walkway because other areas may have all kinds of things sitting around that could be damaged by a blower. Anyway....Just make it clear what areas you expect to be blown. There is no clear default expectation except maybe the walkway and/or drive.

o

the lawn service guys (usually hispanic down here) clean up really well. they get the walkways, sidewalks, and the road.

if your deck is several feet above the lawn, they might forget or not even notice, just ask them, shouldnt be a problem.

o

They may also only be blowing areas affected by the cuttings they created.

But yes, I would expect that if you have them doing that much of a "full service" contract, they would take care of all the areas outside the house.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here