Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marathon seed in Los Angeles

Posted by dandcp 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 08 at 18:35

Anyone know where I can buy Marathon grass seed in LA? I live near USC area.

I have about 400 sq feet or so in the back yard. Mostly sunny area. edges up to the driveway and otherside is retaining wall.

Not sure how much I may need. few lbs?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marathon seed in Los Angeles

• Posted by segask z10 so. cal coast (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 2, 08 at 21:39

I've seen Marathon I, II, and III seed for sale at Armstrong Garden Centers and also at Ewing Irrigation.

http://armstronggarden.com/store_locator/

http://www.ewing1.com/general/ews_loc_california.htm

for Tall Fescue I think the spreading rate is usually around 8 lbs. per 1000 sq ft.

Its pretty expensive. If I remember the prices right, a 5 lb. bucket of Marathon I is $25, and a 5 lb. bucket of Marathon II or III costs $30. But since you only have 400 sq. ft. you'll only need one bucket.

o
RE: Marathon seed in Los Angeles

yes, I realize Marathon can be expensive but heard that it maybe worth it in the long run.
or does anyone have any other suggestions for cheaper seed?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here