Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawn in need of help.

Posted by joeyi89 none (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 19:56

My grass in my front yard and back yard is drying up and flaking away. The back yard is worst as it is pretty much now just dirt with hardly any grass and my front yard is semi decent but is getting to the conditions of my back yard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawn in need of help.

No location, no turf type, no specifics.

So: Yep, I agree, your lawn needs help,

Good luck.

o
RE: Lawn in need of help.

I'm sure we can help but we need more information. Normally you would get the drift of how this goes had you read some of the other posts before posting yours.

Where do you live?
What kind of grass do you have?
Is there much shade on the lawn?
What is your watering regimen (how often and how long)?
How high/low do you mow?
When were the last two times you applied fertilizer and what did you use?
Have you used any herbicides, insecticides, or fungicides in the past 6 months? If so, what and when?

If you turn your phone sideways to the "landscape mode" when you take the picture, your pictures should appear upright here in the forum.

Can you take another picture from a distance of 3 inches from the grass. Take it at the edge of where the grass is both green and brown. If the camera won't focus at that distance, back out the minimum needed to get focus. Also take the picture on a cloudy day or in the shade. Sometimes the signs we need to diagnose are pretty small.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here