Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rkidwill

Different Zoysia Grass?

rkidwill
10 years ago

I have a Zoysia dilemma. I am attempting to establish a Zoysia lawn and bought 1.5 pallets of "Meyer Zoysia" earlier this week. It did not look like the Meyer I purchased a few weeks ago but I assumed that being smashed on a pallet played a role in that. I did not have enough to complete my project so I purchased a little more today from a supplier that would provide a quarter of a pallet.

You can see in the picture that the two grasses are very different. The darker shade is what I put down a few weeks ago and purchased today. The lighter shade has completely different blades, even though the supplier insisted this evening that he sold me Meyer and that it will darken with fertilizer. As it is I feel like I waster $300 on grass that I have to replace.

I am pulling up the lighter stuff and will replace it, it has only been down a few days and has not rooted. If anyone can identify what it is I would appreciate it and it may help me to obtain some sort of a refund. I cannot believe that two grasses that look so different could both possible be "Meyer Zoysia."

Comments (4)