Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weed take over...what now

Posted by pmf17 none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 8:43

I seeded my front yard this April after I had some trenching and lawn repair done. Now I have weeds everywhere. I watered this full sun area daily when it was sprouting... Now I have this

Should I spray down with 2-4d? Once the weeds are dead, is it just raking out the weeds, roughing out the loam and seeding again mid-August?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weed take over...what now

Before you do anything,...Mid August? It depends on where you live and what kind of grass this is. I don't see any weeds in there that would be affected by 2,4-d. What weeds do you have?

The primary reason you have weeds everywhere is you seeded in the spring. The secondary reason, and the most common reason, is improper watering. What is your watering schedule now that the grass has come in? How often and for how long?

o
RE: Weed take over...what now

I have mostly crabgrass and covers.
I figured out that I need to buy something specifically formulated for crabgrass.

From reading on this forum, I understand that I should get something like:
1. Sulfentrazone plus Prodi amine (Bonide 069 Concentrate Sedge Ender) to kill the crabgrass.
2. Should I rake the dead crab grass
3. rent a verticutter-
4. plant a seed mix suitable for my area. This area gets ton of sun.
5 Starter fertilizer...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here