Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thomas1975_gw

Should I get a new lawn care company?

thomas1975
10 years ago

Moved into our home last August. Lawn was ok with some crabgrass and some dead spots as prior homeowner clearly hadn't taken best care of it. We didn't do anything but have it mowed for the rest of last summer, fall and winter, and then this spring hired a lawn care company. By the end of last fall, much of the lawn had turned to dirt. By the beginning of this spring, it was still dirt, and that's when we hired a lawn care company to start a program. They've been coming periodically putting down the 'usual' (I think), such as pre-emergent, grub control, fertilizer, etc... We agreed that we'd hold off on seeding until after the summer.

My problem is that basically ever since he started, the crabgrass has gotten out of control, and is taking over almost our entire lawn (much worse than when we moved here last August and didn't have a lawn care company).

He says that it's due to the prior homeowner not taking care of it, and/or the weather conditions over the past few months. He says that even though he put down pre-emergent in the spring (April) and weed control in May, June and July, the lawn was so bad that nothing can control the crabgrass.

Is this true, or do I need a new company? Many of my neighbors who do little lawn care don't have as much crabgrass as we do.

Thanks!

Comment (1)