Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnstone_gw

!! Please help me save my sod!

johnstone
10 years ago

Hi everyone - I'm new to the forums and I have an urgent problem. I had new sod put down in my back yard about 2 months ago, and everything seemed to start off great.. nice thick lawn. I was surprised at how fast the grass grew... unfortunately i had to begin mowing it much sooner than originally desired because it was simply getting too long (6" +). Anyway, it has been growing enough that realistically i needs a cut about 1.5 - 2 times per week.

I've noticed that over the past couple of weeks, there are some general areas of the lawn that have a lot of matted down / dead grass (please see pic for an example). I think that it has something to do with the fact that they're more of the shady areas, as well as the ground is a bit lower there so probably retains more water.

I don't know what to do to address this, and I'm worried that by the end of the year the lawn will be terrible. Is there any chance that this is actually fungus / disease related? should I spray? should I put new seed down?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated... FYI I'm in southern ontario canada and we've had more rain this season then i think in my entire life.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)