Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grass seed planting after using Roundup?

Posted by walt1 7 a (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 11:05

Hello Everyone,

I've had to kill out patches of Nimblewill with Roundup.

How soon after appling Roundup will I be able to re-seed?

I'll be using Tall Turf Fescue.

Thanks in Advance for any Info!

walt1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grass seed planting after using Roundup?

>>How soon after appling Roundup will I be able to re-seed?

Technically, as soon as it's dry (about an hour).

Functionally, I'd allow one rainfall or irrigation between the Round Up and reseeding. That's to make one hundred percent sure any residue is washed into the soil, where it binds very strongly and won't have any impact on your new seeds.

But that's overkill just to be absolutely certain.

o

Morpheuspa, that's not overkill at all. I have seen mowers track Roundup through area the next morning after Roundup was sprayed around noon the day before and the area was irrigated at night. Long story short I would wait at least a couple of days, and really you should wait at least ten days if you plan on aerifying or slit seeding the area that was sprayed. Give the Roundup time to do it's job.

o

I've managed to track it damp, but never after it's dried or been diluted down. Strangely, heavily diluted Round Up can be used as a growth inhibitor...but I've never tried it as it's too touchy.

Although yes, waiting for said weed to die (a week or so) is always wise. Removing the body too early risks not getting the roots.

As far as garden planting, I do regularly spray and plant in May within hours of each other. So far, no losses.

o

The link might be useful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roundup

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here