Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cutting Edge Grass Seed

Posted by taras49 NYC (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 11:27

I'm watching a commercial for a "revolutionary" new grass seed that makes many promises that I view with some skepticism. Has anyone had any experience with "Cutting Edge Grass Seed"?.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cutting Edge Grass Seed

Skeptical? You are too kind. there is a reason they don't list particular cultivars: so people don't buy them on the market for 1/10 of the price they charge and blend their own. You want low maintenance? Low watering? Low fertilization? Try K31. Or.... check NTEP for cultivars of KBG FF and TTF that have low growth rates, high drought resistance and whatever other traits you desire and blend your own and save a ton of money.
Patent pending. On a blend? Lol.

o

I was being kind. I know that this is not a topic for this forum but I believe that reputable TV Stations owe some kind of responsibility for its advertisers. They shouldn't just sell time to any fraudulent buyers. Thanks for the advice.

o

Actually, this topic comes up quite often. tiemco has addressed it many times. I wouldn't say it is fraudulent (a little hyped on the expected outcomes)--just good marketing of a product that anyone could assemble for themselves with a little research.
I expect dchall to wise up and start packaging rabbit food in packages advertised as the wonder fertilizer that is guranteed not to burn your lawn and specially formulated to time release nutrients over monthly periods just as the grass needs them.

o

I have knowledge of this, it. Is basically comprised of Tall Fescue, Bluegrass, Fine Fescue, and Perennial Ryegrass. There's nothing revolutionary about this seed mixture, I have used it and it's no much different than what you can buy online.

o

Here's a link to the label.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cutting Edge Grass Seed Contents

o
Low Maintenance Lawns have been around for years

And I don't understand what all the hype is about. Low maintenance lawns have been around for years. Just search for: 'no mowing grass' or 'low growing grass'

Here is a link that might be useful: Low Maintenance Lawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here