Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Artificial grass - tax rebate?

Posted by aggierose (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 12:03

Hello! I would really love to put artificial grass in my backyard. I've seen some that looks great, and I'm tired of just having dead grass due to living in a drought area and not being allowed to water much. Has anyone heard anything about any tax incentives for installing artificial grass? It seems like there would be something with the severe drought in parts of the country.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Artificial grass - tax rebate?

This isn't a good place to ask about artificial grass. Most of the knowledgable guys on here are into organic lawncare. Obviously artificial turf is the exact opposite of that. There's got to be an artificial turf fan club out there somewhere...

o

Thanks timtsb, I just thought I'd ask. I'm into organic lawn care as well, but when you aren't allowed to water you can't have much of a yard for kids to play in. If my choices are dirt and dead grass, or artificial grass, I would have to choose artificial unfortunately.

o

I think I would have to agree with that choice. I don't know much about artificial grass but I've read it radiates heat on hot days...I wonder just how unpleasant that would be down there in Texas (I'm assuming that's where you are). Good luck!

PS Go Hokies!

o

Plus you still need to water trees deeply to keep them healthy and that tends to keep grass looking pretty healthy at the same time. You only have to water deeply once every two weeks for that. We're talking about 1 inch of water that would require 600 gallons per 1000 sqft....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here