Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tat1038

Bermuda Questions

tat1038
10 years ago

Hello. Well, I recently purchased a home here in Yuma, Arizona and I had just a couple of questions. I've gone over the Bermuda Bible many times and I've also researched other cited articles on the Internet. Here is my dilemma: the Marine Corps brought me here 10 years ago from Houston, Texas and now I'm a full time Yuma resident. I give that as background because I've been conditioned to pay attention to the slightest details. Details such as cutting height, mowing frequency, watering, etc. Okay, so to get to the gist of my post: When I bought the home, I tried to stay in communication with the landscapers as much as I could. I know from the time of this posting the lawn was fertilized 6 weeks ago. When I asked the guy what he fertilized with he told me, "There are all kinds of fertilizer." He didn't really answer my question but I was assuming he wasn't going to because earlier in our conversation he was trying to get me to employ him and his lawn service. Why would he give me his "secret"? Anyway, today I was thinking about fertilizing my lawn. I've purchased a 21-0-0 product made by fertizona via ammonium sulfate and sulfur. (I hope that was referred to properly.) Before yesterday and today, the lawn had been cut at around 2", but me with my infinite wisdom thought it would be best to cut it down about another 1/2", in order to get that golf course look. Well after doing that, with my Fiskars Reel Mower, I've noticed I've scalped some of the lawn and I cut down past the shoots and there are some brown areas. QUESTION: Is it advisable to fertilize the lawn with the 21-0-0 at 1# per 1000 sq ft? Or should I allow the lawn to recover post-stupidity then fertilize? I don't wanna burn my grass, the temperatures here in Yuma this time of year are well above 100 during the hottest part of the day. Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge. WE GOT DWIGHT HOWARD!

Comments (3)