Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bermuda Lawn - Before & After

Posted by DSM_in_Atlanta none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 17:28

I purchased my home in March of last year. It was a foreclosure and the front yard was mostly weeds, dirt, and had suffered from a lot of erosion as a result. At first I hired a lawn care company but wasn't seeing any results so I got rid of them. I knew that most of the bermuda was salvageable but not all of it. I ended up putting some sod down where it was apparent that no grass existed. Then I found this forum and the Bermuda Bible. I wish I had found the forum SOONER because I made the mistake of tilling the area where I put the sod. As a result I will need to level the yard in the future to correct this. Live and learn.

Here is how the yard looked in April 2012:

photo yard_before.jpg

Here is how the yard looks today:

photo yard_after1.jpeg

After mowing:

photo yard_after3.jpg

So thank you for all of the advice provided throughout this process and all the advice you will continue to provide in the future.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bermuda Lawn - Before & After

Well done. Looks great!

o
RE: Bermuda Lawn - Before & After

Well not to worry. You do have have some grade issues but not horrible.

So as not to make any more mistakes get your leveling done soon or at least started. You only want to do this while the grass is actively growing during peak growth season. You do not want to do it late in the season after growth slows down or dormant. Same applies not to do it too early in the spring.

Otherwise looks like you are doing an excellent job, keep it up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here