Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alan1964

Identify this grass/weed?

alan1964
9 years ago

I'll try and give as much pertinent detail as I can. I've lived in this house for 19 years. I'm in a suburb of Ft Worth Tx. My yard has primarily been St Augustine. About 3 years ago we had a brutal Summer which coincided with medical issues for myself. Long story short, I was unable to attend to my lawn and lost about 80% of it. It's now starting to grow back in except one area. This year, I've noticed this mystery grass or weed. It grows in what looks like runners along the top of the ground. The blades are a little broader than St Augustine, thinner, softer and it sort of curls at the tips. It's kind of a dark green blue color. I've attached a photo that I hope comes through. I have other pictures including a comparison of a sprig of the mystery stuff along side a sprig of the St Augustine but I apparently can attach just one picture. Any help would be appreciated. I'd be happy to email the other pictures to whomever might be able to help. Also, it's just this one area about 5 feet in diameter.

Comments (3)