Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starting Zoysia from plugs

Posted by Jrb599 NC (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 21:05

So I tried to create plugs from sod and it was very time consuming to dig holes, and then fill them up with topsoil and plant the plug. I was wondering if they sell zeon zoysia plugs and a cutter that cuts to the right size and just lets you drop the plug in there? Or am I just crazy?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starting Zoysia from plugs

The way I establish a zoysia lawn from plugs is I buy rolls or squares of sod from the nearest seller, I cut up each roll or square into 2" x 2" plugs, take a round point shovel and cut slits in the ground 8" apart, tamp down the plug, and keep on plugging. You have to water the plugs at least twice daily.

In my opinion, digging holes and filling them with topsoil is not necessary.

o

What do you mean slits in the ground? Do you have a video of this?

o

Quit beating yourself up and save your back. Spend the $50 for a tool made to do the job. Watch this Video

This post was edited by texas-weed on Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 12:59

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here