Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best weed killer and fertilizer for Bermuda grass

Posted by jtranger none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 29, 13 at 22:27

What is the best weed killer and fertilizer for Bermuda grass.
I am in Ca. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best weed killer and fertilizer for Bermuda grass

Most don't recommend weed and feed products if that's what you're asking...invariably you're putting one of the components down at the wrong time....i.e. fertilizer on wet grass or weed killer granules trying to stick to dry weeds.Best to find out what weeds you are treating and then find suitable product(s) to treat them. Try this link to Texas -Weeds Bermuda Bible its very helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: bermuda bible

o

So if you live in CA you must live in Eureka, because where else could you possibly live? And if you live in Eureka, what are you doing growing bermuda?

Or do you live somewhere else in CA? We really need to know because CA is a big place. The Bay Area is a big place as is SoCal. So please be specific.

If you need to kill weeds, use a herbicide and then figure out what you're doing wrong, because a good bermuda lawn doesn't have weeds. If you need a fertilizer, use a fertilizer. But don't try to mix the two for the reason listed above. If you are not fertilizing once a month with a high nitrogen fertilizer, then that's what you're doing wrong, and the grass got thin.

Memorize the Bermuda Bible.

o

The grass is in Bakersfield Ca. Can you recommend a weed killer from home depot?

o

For broadleaf weeds, spot spray with Weed-B-Gone. If you want something stronger, Weed-B-Gone Chickweed, Clover, & Oxalis Killer. Look for it by the full name.

For grassy weeds, the easy way is to spot spray with Round Up and let the bermuda fill back in. There are some specialty sprays that will take out certain weeds but we'd need to know what they were.

o

I thought for grassy weeds, you use this Image product?

Here is a link that might be useful: Image nutsedge killer

o

Dave-
I didn't think the Weed-b-gone CC&O was recommended for Bermuda. I was hesitant to use it with this warning on the label,

"Where Not to Use
Do not use this product for controlling weeds in flower or vegetable beds or around shrubs or ornamental plantings.
Do not use on St. Augustine, Centipede, or Bermudagrass lawns. "

o

controlled spot spraying should not be an issue if you get the weed only

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here